Downloading and Installing
Get the latest version of BLOG from the download page.
- Java 1.6+
- all operating systems. (Windows XP/7/8, MacOSX, Linux)
You may choose to install the pre-built version for your operating system. You may also running BLOG from the universal package, which doesnot require install.
On linux/Mac, after unzip the universal package, please open terminal and run the following commands.
chmod +x bin/*
Alternatively, you may directly compile from source code. (you will need sbt installed, check download page for more details).
sbt/sbt compile sbt/sbt stage
sbt\sbt compile sbt\sbt stage
Open your terminal and locate to your BLOG main directory. The BLOG includes a few examples.
On Linux/Mac, the following command will run the Burglary example.
If you already installed BLOG, you may try without
On Window, the corresponding command is (You may need to properly set your JAVA_HOME and PATH environment variable for Java.)
The general command is
BLOG system accepts a list of commandline options, such as the number samples used in its underlying sampling engine. The more samples, the more accurate result it can produce. Use the following to run Burglary example with 1 million samples.
blog -n 1000000 example/burglary.blog
The following will run a simple Hidden Markov Model for genetic sequences. It uses particle filtering algorithm to make inference.
The full list of commandline options are described in BLOG User Manual
Where to go from here
- User manual: a manual for BLOG system, including setting and tuning all options.
- BLOG language reference: a reference for BLOG language, including its syntax and semantics.
- Probabilistic modelling using BLOG: (forth-coming) a tutorial textbook for modelling using BLOG. It includes introduction to BLOG language, and how to use it to solve real application problems.
- Developer guide: how to contribute to the BLOG project.